We are excited to announce we will be working with the talented professional artist David Farren (http://www.davidfarren.com/) on dedicated painting holidays at Les Taloches.
Please contact us for 2019 dates.
About David Farren
David is a modern impressionist painter of street scenes and landscapes who moved to the Perigord region of south west France with his family in 2014. He has worked as a professional artist since 2001 and exhibits his work in leading galleries across the UK. His work has featured in ‘The Artist’ and ‘Paint and Draw’ magazines.
David is particularly interested in the effects of light and how it determines the mood of a place at a particular time. He will teach you how to use colour and tone to capture the atmosphere of a scene as well as how to create a balanced composition.
Working plein air in gouache and acrylic, David will show you how to make the most of these mediums to produce paintings and sketches that capture a sense of place.
Enjoy a variety of excursions with David where you will sketch and paint the stunning local scenery and historical architecture. You will receive friendly, expert tuition in a small group setting (max 7 students).
About Les Taloches
Dating from 1877, a former Dordogne farm, Les Taloches is set in 19 acres of undulating woodland and meadows. Situated in Tourtoirac between Hautefort with its magnificent Chateau and Excideuil with its 11th century fortress and lively weekly market, and only 45 minutes from Brive Airport.
Set either side of a lime-tree shaded courtyard is La Châtaigne, an oak-beamed 18th century farmhouse and La Grange, a huge stone barn transformed into a superb house. Accommodation consists of 4 double bedrooms, 1 super-king bedroom and 2 twin rooms. All bedrooms are either en-suite or have their own private bathroom.
The artists studio is located in La Grange’s beautiful banqueting hall.
Tourtoirac is a pretty riverside village, central to which is the historic Saint-Pierre-es-Liens Abbey and the remains of the former Benedictine monastery from the Roman 12th and 13th century. Just 10 minutes walk away there is a bar / bistro on the river, a restaurant, a traditional boulangerie and a grocery shop.
- Group transfer to / from Brive airport.
- Informal classes, painting excursions. In the studio we provide the following equipment; Easels, boards, tables, chairs and cleaning equipment.
- David will advise you of what mediums / materials to bring (if you do not own certain materials, please let David know who will be happy to source these for you at cost).
- Full board accommodation, includes departure meal at a local restaurant.
- Your own en-suite bedroom with no single supplement.
- All bedlinen and towels (includes pool towels).
- Daily replenished fruit and snack bowls, refrigerated water (for taking out on excursions).
- Unlimited wifi.
- Use of 2 pools, well stocked reading library and large comfortable lounge.
- A fully equipped kitchen (with tea / coffee, washing facilities).
- Non-painting partners welcome.
- Beginners / intermediate painters.
Please contact us for details or to register your interest for future dates.
Non-painting partners welcome for a supplement.
To confirm your booking, we require a non-refundable deposit of €250 deposit per person (to be paid by international bank transfer). Balance due 8 weeks prior to the start of your holiday. Our cancellation policy can be accessed here.
As with all holidays, please make sure you have arranged good holiday insurance cover.
Further information and photos of the Les Taloches and surrounding area can be found via our Facebook page. Please do get in touch if you wish to see an example itinerary.